Choosing a gift for a tattoo artist is not the easiest thing to do. You have to make sure your gift is personal and unique but also something related to their craft. The best gifts for tattoo artists are the ones that speak to their niche or something that will put a smile on their face. In addition, you must also keep their personal taste and preferences in mind.
Moreover, since tattooing is considered fine art, it may also be good to select gifts that your artist friend can use to hone their craft.
So, to help you out of this dilemma, we have put together a list of best gifts for tattoo artists perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and other occasions when you want to show your appreciation.
4 Best Gifts for Tattoo Artists
Here are some of the most inspiring gifts for the tattoo artists in your life.
Practice makes perfect. If you are looking for a gift that would help an aspiring tattooist learn a new skill and further improve their art, the Yuelong Double Sides Blank Tattoo Practice Skin can be a good choice. These latex sheets have a skin-like texture, allowing rookie artists to learn how human skin would feel under the needle. These flexible fake skin sheets are also perfect for veteran tattoo artists, as they can use them to test out new techniques and even create a portfolio to showcase their work.
The Yuelong Double Sides Blank Tattoo Practice Skins come in a pack of ten 8×6 sheets. Your tattooist friend can also use this latex skin to experiment with different tattoo machines, needles, and inks.
- It has a smooth and plain surface with a skin-like texture
- Each fake skin sheet is packed individually
- It is perfect for practicing different techniques from outlining to shading
- The sheets are thick enough to be used from both sides
- The latex skin sheets are available in nude and pink colors
- The ink may smudge while trying to clean the excess
Want to gift your favorite tattoo artist something they will love? It may be a good idea to buy the LitEnergy A4 Artcraft LED Trace Light Pad. This ultra-thin lightbox tracing pad is perfect for tattoo drawing, sketching, calligraphy, stenciling, and 2D animation. It is also sleek and lightweight, so your tattoo artist pal can carry it anywhere with ease. Moreover, this LED tracer has adjustable brightness and comes with a USB cable, allowing one to connect it to an adapter, power bank, or computer.
In addition, the LitEnergy A4 Artcraft LED Trace Light Pad features a touch switch design, which means one can turn it on and off with a single touch. It is also available in different colors, so you can choose one that your tattooist friend would like the most.
- The ultra-bright LED light makes it easy to trace the design on paper
- Advanced eyesight protected technology keeps eyes from getting sore
- The LED tracing pad doesn’t flicker
- One can adjust the brightness by pressing the touch switch
- The smart memory feature keeps the brightness from the last use
- May get heated with prolonged use
When it comes to buying tattoo supplies, Dragonhawk is one of the top choices among beginner and veteran tattoo artists alike. So, it’s no surprise that Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine made it to our list of best gifts for tattoo artists. This pen-style machine has a powerful custom motor that ensures a smooth operation without any vibration or noise.
Though it is relatively lightweight, the Mast pen has a high puncturing frequency that can be used to accomplish various techniques and styles. It is also perfect for those who want to make their line work more precise. Tattooists can also use it for shading and color packing. Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine package includes a Mast pen machine with a box, power supply, DC cord, foot pedal, 20 pieces of WJX cartridges, and a carry case.
- The Mast pen rotary machine is safe and easy to use
- It is compatible with all types of cartridge needles
- It doesn’t vibrate or makes much noise like conventional tattoo machines
- The Mast pen is lightweight and durable
- The machine can puncture at a higher frequency with better power
- It may be a little pricey
What is one thing that all tattoo artists must have in their shop, apart from the tattoo machines, inks, needles, and samples? The answer would be a soothing aftercare cream, such as the popular Hustle Butter Deluxe Tattoo Aftercare Balm. Infused with natural ingredients, this skincare product is 100% vegan and clinically tested. It not only keeps the skin moisturized and lubricated before, during, and after one gets their tattoo, this aftercare cream also helps soothe any irritation and promotes faster healing.
Some of the ingredients used in the Hustle Butter Deluxe Tattoo Aftercare Balm include Shea butter, aloe butter, sunflower oil, and rice bran oil. Also, did we mention that it’s free of petroleum and paraben?
- It is easy to apply and enables the skin to heal faster
- This tattoo care butter is made from vegan products
- It is manufactured under the guidance of skin specialists
- It allows the skin to breathe and keeps it from getting infected
- This aftercare balm has a pleasant natural fragrance
- A little cream goes a long way
- Some people may have an allergic reaction to the aftercare balm. Therefore, please make sure to read the list of ingredients carefully before application.
Our Final Thoughts
When it comes to buying gifts, it’s the thought that counts. Our list of carefully curated best gifts for tattoo artists includes practical, easy-to-use, and long-lasting products. So, the next time you have to thank your tattoo artist for a job well done or want to surprise them on their birthday, this list will definitely help you out.